8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Our pistol mechanics course of instruction will familiarize you with the proper, efficient mechanical operation of your handgun. We will guide you through the mechanical skills related to employing your handgun, including:
- Pistol marksmanship fundamentals of stance, grip, sight alignment/sight placement, trigger control, follow through
- The “Workspace”: What is it? Where is it? Why is it important to you?
- Loading and unloading procedures: Administrative loading, reload with retention, emergency/slide lock reload
- The draw
- Malfunction clearance procedures: Tap/roll/rack/re-assess
- Aiming Techniques: Flash/float the dot/front sight focus
- Shooting on the move
- Other related concepts and skills
This course of instruction lasts six hours (there will be 60 minutes of break time) and will require 300 rounds of ammunition. You must utilize a QUALITY holster (i.e. Kydex or material of similar rigidity) that holds its shape when the gun is withdrawn, belt mounted on either the strong side or in the appendix carry position.
For safety reasons, NO UNIVERSAL FIT/“Uncle Mike’s” type nylon and/or leather holsters that collapse when the gun is drawn will be permitted. Instructor staff have discretion regarding authorized and unauthorized holsters. If you are unsure if your holster meets the criteria outlined here, contact us using the form at the bottom of this page.
You must have:
- Serviceable semi-auto fighting handgun chambered in 9 MM, 40 S&W, or 45 ACP (no subcompacts/revolvers/.22 LR)
- Quality holster as described above
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing and eye protection
- Appropriate footwear and attire for range movement in seasonal weather
- An open heart and mind
Registration & Payment:
Precise training location will be provided via email following successful registration.
All courses of instruction require pre-payment at the time of registration. Because student space is limited, courses are filled on a first come, first paid basis. Should First Line Defense cancel this course, our staff will contact you to determine if you desire a full refund of your payment or rescheduling for a different date/time. Otherwise, your payment is 100% NON-refundable.
If you’re worried about potential exposure to COVID-1984 and expecting a full refund to avoid contact with whatever the “deadly” variant du jour happens to be, please do NOT register for instruction with us. Fear of COVID-1984 is not a valid reason for a refund of any kind. Providing such a refund would not be healthy for our business and would hamper the effective learning environment we strive to create in which individuals are comfortable being around one another.
Expansion of the martial culture must continue and it’s your decision to participate or not. See you out there.