8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
The purpose of this carbine mechanics course of instruction is to familiarize shooters with the proper, efficient mechanical operation of their defensive carbine. Topics covered encompass all mechanical skills related to operating the carbine/rifle, including:
- The “Workspace”: What is it? Where is it? Why is it important to you?
- Loading and unloading procedures: Administrative loading, reload with retention, emergency/bolt-lock reload
- Shooting positions – High ready, low ready, sling use, strong/support side, kneeling, etc.
- Malfunction clearance procedures: Failure to feed/fire, double-feed, failure to eject, brass over bolt
- Shooting on the move familiarization
- Positional shooting to include standing, kneeling, and prone
This course of instruction lasts about six hours and will require approximately 300 rounds of ammunition to complete.
All attendees must have:
- Serviceable AR pattern fighting rifle in an appropriate caliber (5.56 or .223) with quality sights and sling
- Familiarity with their rifle zero (i.e. 25, 36, 50, 100 yards, etc.)
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing and eye protection
- Appropriate footwear and attire for range movement (no open toe shoes, sweatpants, etc.)
- Open hearts and minds
Registration & Payment:
All courses of instruction require pre-payment at the time of registration. Because student space is limited, courses are filled on a first come, first paid basis. Should First Line Defense cancel this course, our staff will contact you to determine if you desire a full refund of your payment or rescheduling for a different date/time. Otherwise, your payment is 100% NON-refundable.
If you’re worried about potential exposure to COVID-19 and expecting a full refund to avoid contact with whatever the “deadly” variant du jour happens to be, please do NOT register for instruction with us. Fear of COVID-19 is not a valid reason for a refund of any kind. Providing such a refund would not be healthy for our business and would hamper the effective learning environment we strive to create in which individuals are comfortable being around one another.
Expansion of the martial culture must continue and it’s your decision to participate or not. See you out there.